Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Today is my nephew's 10th birthday so I made him this card. I started with a white base and added some DP scraps I had in my stash and used a few red brads for an accent. Next, I stamped the dog image from CC Designs "Love Ya Much" set. I have a few CC Designs sets and I love the images... they are cute and very easy to color or paper piece. You can purchase them online at All That Scraps. I colored the dog with a brown Prismacolor marker.

I them cut the image into a rectangle, added a red layer underneath and attached it to the card. I then made the parachute out of the same DP using a large Nestabilities circle die and cutting it off with some scalloped scissors. I attached it using pop dots dimensionals and added some brads for the "ropes". I tied the jute cords to the parachute securing the ends on the back of the parachute, tied all three threads together, and attached them to the dog's foot with some Tombow Mono-Multi glue.

On the inside I made a sentiment on my computer that says "Dropping in to Wish You a Happy Birthday!" printed it on white cardstock, cut it out, and layered it on some red cardstock to match the red layer on the front. I glued to sentiment to the inside... sorry but I forgot to take a pic of the inside. Using your computer to make sentiments is a great way to save money on sentiment stamps... plus you get exactly the sentiment you want!

Hope you all had a great Monday!

-Cindy

2 comments:

carla stewart said...

Cindy, another great card! You are so creative, and your instructions make it sound so easy. Very artistic.
Happy Birthday to Aaron.

Pat said...

cindy, that is such a sweet card!

Hugs, Pat