Sunday, June 1, 2008

I've ben MIA...

I know... it's been a long time since I've posted. It turns out that "small unmounting project" I started a few weeks ago has turned out to be MUCH more than I thought it would. I am getting really close to being done and I can say it was a good decision undertaking this project, as I have SO much more room in my stamp room and I will be much more organized once I get all my stamps cataloged.

I do have a card to post tonight. I made it a few weeks ago and I must confess it is totally CASED from SCS but I really wanted to try the bleaching technique and also making a window card.

I started out with white cardstock and added a layer of black. I then stamped an image from SU!'s "Seaside Sketches" on blue cardstock in black Versafine ink and them embossed it with Judikins Detail clear embossing powder. Next, I bleached portions of the stamped image using an Aquapainter filled with bleach and sponged the edges with white Craft Ink. I really like the effect and will definitely try this technique on other cards.

I made the "window" out of white cardstock and a square punch and attached it to the card with pop-dots. TIP: To make the window cut four squares out of post-it notes and stick them to the cardstock... it makes it much easier to figure out where to punch! Also, remember to turn the punch upside down to see where you are punching.

Lastly, I added some jute thread with a shell charm attached...I thought it would be a nice touch.

Well that is it for tonight... I am hoping to do lot of stamping over the next week so check back for more cards! *Ü*



Pat said...

Cindy, that is just lovely! you did a wonderful job with the layout and colors!
Hugs, Pat