Friday, April 25, 2008

Hula Penguins

I found these cute little penguin stamps sitting on the counter when I was checking out at Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley, CA... and they were only $1 each so I bought them! They are from the Imaginisce Snag'em Stamps "Shore Thing" line.

I used white cardstock for the base and then added some paper from the $1 Spot at Target... you can really find some great deals there! I stamped the penguins using Versafine Onyx Black and embossed them with Judikins Detail Clear Embossing Powder. I colored them using my Tombow markers and sponged some light blue ink for the sky (it is hard to see in the pic). I then layered the main images on some more of the pattern paper, another layer of white, and then raised it with some dimensionals.

To add some dimension I stamped the grass skirt portion of the girl image on some green cardstock using Versamark ink and cut it out. I then made the fringe with my scissors, scrunched it up to make it look more realistic, trimmed the bottom a bit, and added some streaks using a tan Tombow marker. I added some flower brads with a Hero Arts Clear Gemstone in the center of each to add some bling on the corners and a small Prima flower with a black Hero Arts Gemstone in the center on her head.

I know I will definitely be using these stamps for more cards so check back when you have time!

-Cindy

1 comments:

carla stewart said...

Ok. I finally found your blog and subscribed. You are so clever and talented. I love the penguins!! I have saved all the cards you have made me. So very special.