Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Little Hog...



When I saw this Penny Black stamp I just had to have it! I started out using Georgia Pacific white cardstock for the base and then stamped it using two of my SU! background stamps... "Canvas" stamped in Rose Red and "Sanded" stamped in Worn Lipstick Distressed Ink. Who says you can only use one background stamp at a time? I added the stripe down the left side using some DP I had in my stash.

I then stamped the main image on white cardstock using Versafine black ink and embossed it with Judikins Detail Clear embossing powder. After coloring the cute little pig with my Prismacolor pencils I used Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and blending stumps to blend the pencil. This is one of my favorite coloring techniques. I layered the image with the same DP as the stripe and then another layer of white. Lastly I added a small bow using some white grosgrain ribbon.


I also saw this cute sentiment that I had to get too so I added it to the inside of the card. Isn't it perfect? Well, that's all for tonight... have a great evening!

-Cindy

0 comments: